Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bang Bang Shrimp

I do not like shrimp, but Brent loves it!  So when he was traveling for work a couple of weeks ago, he brought home 15 pounds of fresh shrimp frozen into 5 pound blocks.  We gave 10 pounds away, but today I am attempting to cook my first ever shrimp recipe.

Bang Bang Shrimp (adapted from the Bonefish Grill recipe)

1 pound shrimp, deveined and peeled
1/2-3/4 cup corn starch
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Thai sweet pepper sauce (Asian pepper sauce)
10-12 drops hot sauce
2 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
Mix mayo, pepper sauce, hot sauce, and wing sauce in a medium sized bowl.  Coat shrimp in corn starch.  Heat oil in deep fryer until very hot (about 350 degrees).  Drop shrimp in, cook 3 minutes.  Do not overcook (I learned my lesson the hard way!), literally cook them 3 minutes in very hot oil.  Remove from oil (they should be very, very light beige in color), place on paper towel.  Drop into sauce, coat.  Serve immediately.


 

 














2 comments:

  1. That looks AMAZING!! I'm so excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such an amazing wife...she doesn't like shrimp at all! It was really tasty, just like the restaurant, thanks babe!

    ReplyDelete