Friday, June 10, 2011

Tilapia Parmesan

Like I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of seafood, although I do like fish.  So, I'm trying to find some different ways to cook fish.  I found this recipe online and only tweaked it a little.  It makes a great sauce that could be used on many different things...we may try it on steak next week!  It is also a VERY quick meal!

Tilapia Parmesan

tilapia filets, 1 pound
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I used a Parmesan/Romano shredded mix)
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tbsp mayonnaise (I used fat-free!)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic salt
Preheat your oven's broiler on high.  Grease a broiling pan or line a pan with foil.  In the meantime, mix Parmesan, butter, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together.  Season with basil, pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt.  Arrange filets in a single layer on pan, broil on top rack for 2-3 minutes.  Turn fish over, broil 2 more minutes.  Remove fish from oven, spread Parmesan mixture over fish.  Broil 2-3 more minutes or until cheese mixture is melted.  Be sure not to overcook the fish.




No comments:

Post a Comment