Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lemon Mint Chicken

This year, I planted mint in my garden.  I didn't know it would grow so easily and so quickly!  I wanted to find some new dishes that used mint.  This sounded like an interesting recipe, so I made it my own.  It ended up being a very fresh, summer meal!

Lemon Mint Chicken

2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup flour (I seasoned the flour with salt, pepper, and a little paprika and red pepper...it gave it a nice bite)
1/3 cup margarine
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
Combine the chicken pieces, garlic, and onion.  Toss with flour and other seasonings.  Allow to sit 5 minutes.  Melt margarine in skillet over medium high heat.  Shake the excess flour from the chicken and add the chicken to the skillet.  Cook until golden brown (about 5-7 minutes).  Add the lemon juice and mint, reduce heat to medium, cover and steam about 5 minutes.  Do not overcook the chicken.  Serve over pasta or rice (I used a butter and herb pasta, it turned out to be really good!)



No comments:

Post a Comment