Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brussel Sprouts

Brussel sprouts...just saying the name makes me cringe and think of a little boy sneaking them to his dog under the table.  I never even considered eating them and I don't even think my parents have even tried them.  But, on Valentine's Day, Brent took me to Stella's Southern Bistro.  We both got delicious meals that came with...you guessed it...brussel sprouts.  So, we both tried them for the first time in our 26 years of living.  And they were delicious!  Who knew???  Tonight...I made brussel sprouts.  Aren't you proud, mom?

Brussel Sprouts

10 brussel sprouts (buy small, tight sprouts)
1 beef bouillon cube
salt and pepper, to taste
Put 1 inch of water in a saucepan.  Bring to boil, place beef bouillon and sprouts in water and season.  Cover and steam sprouts about 5 minutes.  Remove from heat, allow to steam 5 more minutes.



1 comment: