Sunday, May 13, 2012

Oreo Pudding Poke Cake

This is such a light and refreshing cake.  I made this for my mom on Mother's Day and it was a hit!  It would be a great cake to take to a cookout while it's hot this summer...just keep it in a cooler until it's time to serve it.  I've also read other recipes using this same "poke cake" idea.  I'll be trying some out soon!

Oreo Pudding Poke Cake

1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
2 boxes (4oz) Oreo instant pudding
Oreos (I used 1 1/2 rows from a normal package)
3 eggs
water
oil
Bake cake in a 9x13 pan according to package directions.  When cake is finished, sit on counter while mixing pudding.  Sit pudding aside while you use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake, about 1 inch apart.  Poke holes so that you do not go all the way down to the bottom of the pan.


Immediately after poking holes, pour pudding mixture over top of cake.  Spread out so that pudding goes down into the holes and covers the top of the cake.  Allow cake to sit on counter about 5 more minutes to cool, then place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set (I made mine the day before I was serving it).



When ready to serve, remove cake from refrigerator and crumble Oreos over top of the cake.  Serve while still cold.
Adapted from www.thecountrycook.net





No comments:

Post a Comment