Saturday, June 23, 2012

From the Sea to the Table

This past week, my husband and I were on vacation at the beach with my parents.  Brent wanted to go deep sea fishing, which I was a little worried about, since I often deal with motion sickness.  But, since I'm such a good wife, I went with him ;)  We had so much fun!  I did not get sick at all (although I would recommend taking Dramamine one hour before leaving just in case) and I caught 6 fish!  Unfortunately, you could only keep certain fish, but we ended up with 3 nice fish (1 seabass, 2 porgies) to bring home.  The fish were delicious!  I have posted this recipe before, but it makes a great Cajun style seasoning for fish.  Hope you enjoy seeing pictures from our adventure!










Cajun Seasoning for Fish

1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
lemon juice
parsley
Mix first five ingredients.  Pat onto fish.  Over medium-high heat, add oil and 2 tbsp butter to skillet; melt.  Add fish, cooking on first side for about 4 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).  Add 1 tbsp butter to skillet, flip fish to continue cooking on other side.  Cook an additional 4 minutes.  Top with lemon juice and parsley.


1 comment:

  1. I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

    ReplyDelete