Monday, June 11, 2012

White Chicken & Artichoke Lasagna

I've always wanted to try a white lasagna recipe and when I found this one with artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes, I just had to make it!  It has a great flavor and makes enough for a crowd!  I froze at least half of it and we'll still have left-overs this week.  I listed the spinach as optional because I honestly forgot it when I made it.  The dish was great without it, but I do think the spinach would go well, so feel free to add it if you want.

White Chicken & Artichoke Lasagna

3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 c mozzarella cheese
1/2 c grated parmesan
1/2 c sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
2 pkg cream cheese, softened (I used Neufchatel)
1 c milk
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
12 lasagna noodles, cooked (I always use whole grain noodles if available)
spinach, drained (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese, milk, garlic salt, and garlic until well blended.  Stir in basil.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, chopped artichokes, 1 c mozzarella, parmesan, tomatoes, and drained spinach.  Mix half of cream cheese mixture into the chicken mixture.  Spread 1/2 of the remaining cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.  Cover with 3 noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture.  Repeat twice.  Top with remaining noodles and cream cheese mixture.  Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.  Cover and bake for 25 minutes.  Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes.  Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment