Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chicken Tetrazzini

This is my take on chicken tetrazzini.  This dish is a great way to hide some veggies in a delicious casserole!  It was adapted from a recipe in the cookbook "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" by Ree Drummond.  Check out her website for some other great recipes, or pick up her cookbook, it's a great one! 

Chicken Tetrazzini

2 chicken breasts
8 oz whole wheat angel hair pasta
2 oz pimientos, drained
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Boil chicken about 20 minutes until done.  Set aside 1 cup of chicken broth.  Shred with a fork and knife, set aside.  Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.  Saute chopped onion and green pepper with 1 tsp olive oil until tender.  In a large bowl, mix chicken, pasta, 1 cup cheddar, cream of mushroom soup, onion, pepper, drained pimientos, and spices.  Pour into 2 quart baking dish.  Top with remaining 1 cup of cheddar.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

After a long day of standing, sometimes I need to get off of my feet while cooking!




















2 comments:

  1. Your verse and comments made me think about the story you told me the other day about the crazy woman driving behind you...

    Also, this meal was so good...my mom would be pretty proud I didn't pick out the mushrooms, onions and peppers. When I was younger I would always leave a little pile of veggies on my plate when I was finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that "good" is one of your keywords for this one ;)

    ReplyDelete