Monday, March 7, 2011

Blueberry Crisp

Today is Brent's 27th birthday!  So, first off, I would like to wish my amazing husband a very happy birthday.  In honor of his birthday, I am making some of his favorites.  For dinner, I am making lasagna which has already been posted.  For dessert, it's blueberry crisp!  Thanks again to my mother-in-law for this recipe.

Blueberry Crisp

2 cups blueberries
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 stick butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
Mix blueberries and lemon juice.  Place in bottom of 8x8 glass dish.  Mix together all dry ingredients.  Blend in butter with a pastry blender (I've found that a potato masher or 2 knives also works well).  Sprinkle over the blueberries.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with vanilla ice cream.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much babe, what a great birthday! The lasagna and BBC were delicious...I just had some leftovers for lunch, mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete