Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spicy Cheese Dip

I'm already getting sad that football season is almost over!  I am a HUGE football fan!  Clemson is obviously my favorite team, but I will watch anyone in any league.  I actually placed 1st place in my Fantasy Football league this past season...while playing with 9 other men!  So, in honor of Super Bowl Sunday quickly approaching, here is a little football appetizer to enjoy:

Spicy Cheese Dip 

There are 2 versions of this recipe, I am listing both---
1 16 oz block Velveeta cheese
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
2/3 cup water
1 jar Pace Picante sauce (hot or medium depending on what you prefer)
Brown ground beef, drain.  Return to skillet, add taco seasoning and water, simmer about 5 minutes.  Chop Velveeta into small cubes, place in crockpot.  Top with seasoned meat and Picante sauce.  Heat in crockpot over high heat, stirring occasionally.  When melted, turn crockpot to low.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Easier version---
1 16 oz block Velveeta cheese
1 can Hormel chili with beans
1 jar Pace Picante sauce (hot or medium depending on what you prefer)
Chop Velveeta into small cubes.  Add all contents to crockpot.  Heat over high heat, stirring occasionally.  When melted, turn crockpot to low.  Serve with tortilla chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment