Thursday, January 20, 2011

Home Cooked Meatloaf

After a long week of work, nothing is better than a good home cooked meal.  Tonight's dinner is meatloaf!  Now meatloaf is one of those things that most people have bad memories of as a child, but this recipe is a good basic meatloaf recipe that is sure to be a winner with everyone!  This recipe must be credited to my parents...who raised me on good memories of meatloaf!

Home Cooked Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 egg
1-2 slices bread, broken into cubes
1/4 cup ketchup
Onion & green pepper, chopped (if desired)
Mix all ingredients together.  Form into loaf, place on center of broiler pan.  Cover top of meatloaf with ketchup, spread evenly.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce.  Great with mashed potatoes and vegetables!




2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I never liked meatloaf as a child. My mom never really made it...I think it had more to do with the name. "Loaf" just isn't a very attractive name...
    But Alyson's meatloaf is awesome...I can't wait for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, I find the name "meatloaf" draws me in for this delicious food that hits the two most important food groups...

    Meat and Loaf.

    Why did we not eat more meatloaf growing up?

    ReplyDelete