Thursday, January 13, 2011

Land Family SWEET Tea!

It's a tradition in the Land family (my mom's side of the family) to always have about 3-4 gallons of good ole Southern sweet tea at every holiday meal.  My dad is the unofficial tea maker in our family, and he does it right!  I have tested this recipe hundreds of times since being on my own, and I like to think it is pretty much perfected now.  Of course, those of you who aren't true Southerners will probably think this is way too sweet...but this is how it's done!

Land Family Sweet Tea

1-2 quarts water (depends on the size of the pot you use)
2 family-size tea bags (I always use Publix decaf tea bags since I don't drink caffeine, but my dad always used Lipton--Publix brand is the only exception to Lipton that I've found)
1 cup sugar
1/2 gallon pitcher
Bring water to boil in small pot.  When water is at a rolling boil, drop in tea bags, cover with lid, and remove from heat.  Allow tea to sit in pot for about 45 minutes-1 hour.  Pour tea into 1/2 gallon pitcher, add 1 cup of sugar.  Run water over tea bags to fill pitcher.  Refrigerate and enjoy!  (Double this recipe to make 1 gallon)


No comments:

Post a Comment